1) So really, how was Beyonce’s set at Coachella? Watch it here.
2) Charlie Overbey is one of those LA guy’s whose presence has been at a lot of defining moments of the LA music scene. He’s played on all sides and end of Sunset Blvd and is still passionate about performing. Come help him celebrate the release of his record ‘Charlie Overbey and the Broken Arrows’ on Friday, aka 4/20, with his cast of outlaw characters that will make you happy that guitars and tattoos still exist.
Tickets to Charlie Overbey and the Broken Arrows Record Release Party at The Echo on April 20 here.
3) Remember that one time Restvrant‘s set ended in a fist fight then the band broke up? Or that time Bob Log III crowd surfed in an inflatable dingy?
Like the bastard sons of Hasil Adkins, Bob Log III and Restvrant deconstruct the blues, swamp rock and rockabilly. Bob Log III remains your mystery date
behind his silver helmet playing a screaming slide guitar. The Restanrant duo bang and crash on almost anything they come across. This is pure entertainment, raw and unfiltered.
Tickets to Bob Log III & Restavrant at The Echo on April 29 here.
4) Mr Jukes is Jack Steadman, frontman for the English art rock band Bombay Bicycle Club. In this new incarnation, Steadman takes on neo soul, funk, jazz and downtempo uptempo grooves. Mr Jukes makes his debut at the Echoplex on April 30.
Tickets to Mr Jukes at The Echo on April 20 here.
5) If you’re a swiper that goes left or right, you’ll want to check out Tinder Live at the Regent on May 1. Hosted by comedian Lane Moore (The Onion, HBO’s Girls, Cosmopolitan.com, McSweeney’s) she’ll be joined by a cast of characters that help you navigate the dating app. Tinder Live will have you laughing, cringing and maybe hooking up.
Tickets to Tinder Live! w/ Lane Moore ft. James Urbaniak at The Regent on May 1 here.
6) Here’s a little preview for our May residency – NUMB.ER. Led by artist / musician Jeff Fribourg, Numb.Er evokes the sounds of outer space and hypnotic Kruatrock but doesn’t just land there. It’s punk rock , post-punk and show gaze and every star in the sky… performed with dynamics and openness that’s just a trip. So as usual, plan on spending your Monday nights with us; we’ll be at the end of the bar closest to the soundboard.
til next time …