1. The Chicha Summit comes to us via one of our musica informants who needs to be kept secret — but it’s the same dude who told us about Chicano Batman and The Marias .. so with that solid track record we jumped on board to host the Chicha Summit featuring local band La Chamba. The Chicha Summit celebrates 70s-era Peruvian psychedelia mixed with cumbia – what’s not to trust about that description! With special guests Dos Santos from Chicago and Money Chicha from Austin.
Tickets to Chicha Summit Featuring La Chamba, Dos Santos, and Money Chica at The Echo on Friday, 3/2 here.
2. Know how music can make you feel nostalgic for something you don’t even know? Well even if you haven’t experienced that, this Sundays all ages show of TALL JUAN, Gabriella Cohen and The Pantones (at this moment our new favorite band) will make you at least think about that. Tall Juan takes the lead here as the the Argentinian transplant knows how to play and sway raw garage rock n roll.
Tickets to TALL JUAN with Gabriella Cohen and The Pantones at The Echo on Sunday, 3/4 here.
3. Just as we’re re-covering from the roaring revue of Jesus Sons and their residency, we gotta roll up our sleeves and hit the bottle again and be there when Matt Adams’ The Blank Tapes do their residency for March. You’ll hear some familiar songs, see some familiar faces but somehow Matt and crew always take time to make it sound new. https://theblanktapes.bandcamp.com/
See The Blank Tapes Mondays in March at The Echo. RSVP on DOLA (FREE / 21+)
4. From Houston Texas, this power house of a rock n soul band has been here before but we’re always happy to hear them again. They’ve played the Pier and Levitt Pavilion but we think a good night grooving at The Echo is going to be the right salvation for any heartbreak or heartachee. Big voice. big horns. Big heart and soul http://www.thesuffers.com/
Tickets to The Suffers with The Steady 45’s at The Echo on Wednesday, 3/7 here.
5. The stars just collided and it turned out that the date that Jeremy Bourke hosts his ever so popular 90s hip hop night ECHOFLEX, also turned out to be the night that Ghostface Killa wanted to play. Do you know anyone who says no to someone from the Wu Tang Clan ? We don’t either.. and these two forces joined together and Echoflex presents Ghostface Killa is your place to be next Fri March 3/9.
Tickets to Echoflex at the Echoplex on Friday, 3/9 here. ($22 Day of Show with RSVP / $25 without RSVP)
6. One of the cool things about our Echo Park stomping ground is the creative community that seems to ebb and flow. Next Friday, MOANING is going to celebrate their new release on Sub Pop and coming on board to support the show is FROTH and NUMB.ER. I mean, we could just as easily called this Echo Park All Star night. Come out and support your local bands.
Tickets to Moaning’s Record Release Party at The Echo with Froth and Numb.er on Friday, 3/9 here.