Our jam packed summer is coming to an end, but the music doesn’t stop there! We’ve been working hard to book an exciting and eclectic mix of artists at The Love Song Bar throughout September. The Love Song is a rustic cocktail lounge with a vintage feel, and it is conveniently located next to the Regent Theater and Prufrock Pizzeria.
Check out some of the awesome events we have coming up there below:
All shows are 21+ and FREE!
1. Small Forward (Sept 19): Coming up on Tuesday, September 19th, we have Small Forward, an up-and-coming indie group from Highland Park. Their debut album, The Moon You Stand On, was released just under a year ago and is filled with refined, psychedelic folk tracks that showcase their songwriting ability perfectly. They’re coming off a stellar performance at Echo Park Rising, and you won’t want to miss this one!
2. Lover’s Quarrel Comedy Show (Sept 21): On Thursday, September 21st, Lover’s Quarrel Comedy Show will be at The Love Song for a night of interactive comedy. Hosted by stand-up comedian Jerry Brandt, the outlandish comedy show pits two comedians against each other to act out a real-life relationship argument. The best part is, you and the rest of the audience get to vote on who won the argument!
3. Johnzo West (September 21): Indiana-born and currently residing in Los Angeles, Johnzo West is a singer-songwriter with a splash of soulful roots: Think of him as John Mayer’s Laurel Canyon alter ego. He’s a killer guitar player and has shared the stage with the likes of Eric Burdon, Jackie Greene, and Toots and the Maytals. Catch him right after Lover’s Quarrel at 10pm on Thursday, September 21st!
4. Baum (Sept 22): Sabrina Teitelbaum, better known by her stage name, BAUM, is set to grace The Love Song with her impressive vocal range on September 22nd. BAUM is currently balancing attending school at USC with building her musical career, which seems to be going well for, considering she’s recently opened for Holy Child, Vista Kicks, and Milo Greene. Her genre-bending, dark pop sound has touches of R&B as well as electro, and her production complements her massive vocals perfectly.
5. Shana Cleveland (October 2): La Luz lead guitarist and vocalist Shana Cleveland will be rockin’ with us on Monday, October 2nd! Her solo project is a blend of folk and psychedelic rock, and sounds reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac or CSNY. She keeps things acoustic on her solo work, leaving the synth and amps with La Luz. Cleveland has a gorgeous voice and is a stellar guitar player, and we can’t wait to see what she’s got up her sleeve.
6. The George Sarah Band (October 11): Los Angeles mainstay George Sarah will be at The Love Song on October 11th! With a background in TV/film scoring and electronic music, Sarah brings the two together in his unique blend of electronic chamber music. He has composed for “CSI” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” and has performed his distinctive work at the likes of The Getty, LACMA, and UCLA’s Royce Hall. It’s sure to be unlike anything you’ve heard.
7. MainMan (October 20): MainMan is already on a path to indie success. They’ve got a classic surf rock sound backed by gravelly, washed out guitar solos and driving rhythms. Their lo-fi jams are complemented by soft yet sturdy vocals (think: Local Natives, Real Estate), drawing up dreamy California imagery along the way. MainMan is the new project of actor Chris Mintz-Plasse (McLovin, Superbad) and long time friends. It’s going down at The Love Song on October 20th!
See the rest of the schedule here.