Spaceland Presents is one of the premier independent club promotion and event companies whose resumé includes early shows by the White Stripes and Arctic Monkeys. Spaceland Presents has long been known as an innovative concert promoter blending unique cultural institutions with live musical performances for audiences to enjoy. Spaceland produces Desert Daze music festival, Twilight Concert Series at the Santa Monica Pier and Levitt Pavilion’s Summer Concert Series, in addition to booking the musical talent for “First Fridays” at The Natural History Museum. Spaceland Presents is the sister company to Los Angeles music venues The Echo and Echoplex, The Regent Theater in downtown Los Angeles, and media company / event producer, DoLA.
At Spaceland, we're always looking to find awesome people to work with us. Think you have what it takes? Browse the job offerings below, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Spaceland Presents has an opening for a full-time Event Sponsorship Director for our rapidly growing music events and festivals.
The Event Sponsorship Director will provide complete oversight of all aspects of sponsorship execution and activation within Spaceland Presents Events, including advance logistics communication, execution of permits and permissions, securing of physical needs and on-site execution. The ideal candidate will have a strong experiential sales and sponsorship background and possess 5 years minimum event sales experience, he or she will be responsible for growing event revenue and will work directly with Spaceland’s booking,marketing and production teams to ensure that activation programs sold to sponsors of Spaceland events are executed expertly and as envisioned by the sponsor. In addition, the Events Sponsorship Director will be expected to creatively contribute to the ideation phase of sponsorship pitches.
- – Complete oversight of the sponsorship execution aspects of Spaceland events, from pitch phase through execution phase, including advance logistics communication, execution of permits and permissions, securing of physical needs and access, and on-site installation and execution, to ensure that all contracted deliverables owed to sponsors are executed in an industry-leading manner
- – Professional and collaborative communication with Spacelands events production staff, to ensure successful sponsor executions that operate seamlessly within the framework of the general event in question
- – Identify, cultivate funding sponsorships with corporations whose interests align with Spaceland’s mission and values.
- – Experience generating and submitting RFPs and RFIs
- – Present ROI and promotional recaps to Spaceland staff and clients at end of each event to ensure retention of current business
- – Achieve revenue goals and close new business
- – Research new and existing clients for sponsorship prospects. Anticipate client needs. Prepare research to inform and educate prospects on strategic insights which can be applied to the sponsorship opportunity
- – Responsible for creating cohesive branded deck templates, evaluating and valuing sponsorship levels and pricing. Assist in writing customized activation concepts for sponsorships
- – Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep Spacelands team positioned as a leader in the music and event industry
- – Sales lead generation and prospecting: Generate leads via cold calls and prospecting, including: outside promoters, brands, non-profits, sponsors, corporations, film production companies, event planners as needed.
- – Work collaboratively with the members of Spacelands marketing & booking team and special events coordinator to ensure maximum sponsor opportunities and satisfaction
- – Vet and Negotiate Contracts: Vet, secure and validate space availability for new event opportunities, negotiate contractual points and close deal
- – CSM and Databases: Update Complete working knowledge and expertise in use of our various database systems. Knowledge of CSM, project managers a plus.
- – Reporting: Ensure and monitor that all required budgets and reports are completed and distributed in a timely manner
- – Contribution to the overall strategy and positive trajectory of Spaceland events department on an ongoing basis, working cooperatively with teammates to craft the most compelling and well-executed roster of events in our industry and across southern California.
- – Travel required for all assigned events, conferences and meetings
- – Minimum five years of professional event planning, music events, festivals, experiential events
- – Minimum five years of sales experience
- – Minimum three years demonstrated experience in complete project management of sponsorship executions with budgets exceeding $50,000
- – Experience within a major media or public relations firm preferred
- – Proven team leader with results-oriented focus
- – Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills
- – Must be effective at delegating and multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills
- – Must have a positive, proactive attitude and be driven to optimize results for clients and partners
- – Pre-existing contacts
- – Strong network of activation-related contacts is preferred
- – College degree preferred in marketing, communications, hospitality or business-related field
- – Work with the team from DoLA to integrate sponsorship and marketing opportunities from Spaceland events on their platform
- – Must like Music
PHYSICAL DEMANDS /WORK ENVIRONMENT
- – Must be able to work non-traditional hours (Nights, Weekends and Holidays)
- – Ability to work in fast paced environment with considerable noise, interruptions, site tours, meetings etc.
- – Ability to walk for long stretches and able to stand for long periods of time during events.
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Events Sponsorship Director will be Evaluated on the following qualities:
- – Professional Appearance
- – Punctuality and Attendance
- – Attitude and Teamwork
- – Job Skills / Productivity
- – Communication (Written and Verbal)
- – Adherence to Company Policies
- – Working Relationships
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Spaceland Presents and its other sister companies strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
SALARY: based on experience | COMMISSION: TBD | BONUS: discretionary
TO APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume, and top 5 bands of the moment.
ABOUT SPACELAND PRESENTS – Is one of the most influential independent concert promotion firms in L.A producing over 800 concerts & events every year and is well known for blending cultural institutions and landmarks with live musical performances for audiences to enjoy. Spaceland also curates and co-produces the favorite summertime Twilight Concert Series at the Santa Monica Pier, the three-day long Desert Days musical festival in Joshua Tree and LA’s favorite block party Echo Park Rising. Spaceland Presents is the sister company to LA’s music venues, The Echo, Echoplex and The Regent Theater and media company, DoLA.
Spaceland Presents is seeking graphic design interns that have a passion for live music. You’ll work on-site with us in our DTLA offices, creating digital and print art for our upcoming events. Interns must be able to receive school credit.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment and execute art revisions quickly
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Localize flyers / admats for print and digital use
- Create banner ads for various affiliates
- Order printed posters and flyers
- Create show wrap-up decks for clients (pull analytics, create infographics, include photos and conclusive results for events)
Send your resume, cover letter, and top 5 bands of the moment to email@example.com
Spaceland Presents is seeking marketing and social media interns that have a passion for live music. Interns will propose creative marketing strategy and create/execute marketing plans. You’ll work on-site with us in our DTLA offices. Interns must be able to receive school credit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Must be comfortable with social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Knowledge of the local music scene/trends is a plus
- Updating social media calendar and scheduling / daily posting across our platforms
- Compiling links and stats to analyze social media growth and trends
- Brainstorming on marketing and promotion proposals for our upcoming shows
- Assisting in creating email blasts and audience lists in Ticketfly
- Assisting with ticket giveaways and social media contests and tracking results
- Proofreading and editing
- Knowledge of Photoshop is a plus
- HTML knowledge is a plus
Send your resume, cover letter, and top 5 bands of the moment to firstname.lastname@example.org