1) In a few years when you google any of these bands you may see they all played together one night in 2017 and it will be a “wow” moment. Every one of these acts are on the trajectory – and they aren’t coming down any time too soon. It’s music full of energy, song, crashing, clashing and soaring…ALEX LAHEY • DUDE YORK • LIV SLINGERLAND
Catch them all live at The Echo on 12/8, Tickets here.
2) I know it seems like we’re just about good times – which we are – but we also like to help and do when / where we can. This Saturday and Sunday, Dec 9 & 10, SOS Booking host their FOR THE CHILDREN toy drive at the Echoplex. You get to see / hear / mosh to your favorite hardcore bands and you MUST bring a toy for underprivileged kids. This truly is a good time…
Tickets to FOR THE CHILDREN with Infest + Ramallah + Terror + Career Suicide + All Out War + many more at Echoplex here.
3) Hey! So TEAM ECHO / SPACELAND will be in the Echo Park Community Parade on this Saturday Dec 9 at 10am! We’ll have some festive trucks and employees in silly holiday hats! Come wave us on as we make the slow drive down Sunset Blvd. It’s also the Echo Park Shop Hop – SHOP LOCALLY (think globally) – so all of the indie stores in EP will have discounts, parties, deals, etc.
Here’s a photo from last year!
4) Shannon Lay is our December resident artist and there is no shortage of love and respect for her from our side. She is a true artist; her voice and guitar playing are intricate tools of expression. Her voice and playing are like subtle ripples in the water. She can give you shelter from the storm in these tough times.
Learn more about Shannon Lay + RSVP to her shows here.
5) You’ve heard Cindy Wilson’s voice while you danced wildly to those wacky, fun, classic songs by the B52s; most of them she co-wrote. She plays next Tuesday with her solo project the Cindy Wilson Band. You can’t mistake the groove, play on words and the fun she infuses into all her material.
Tickets to Cindy Wilson (of the B-52s) with Sarah Jaffe + Ray Little here.
6) Cat won’t get off my computer and the coast is on fire, plus everything else on the news … it’s cliche I know but listen to this.
And for a good history lesson watch the documentary on Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee.
Thoughts and prayers to Southern California…