1) Echo Park Rising 2017: All your favorites, our favorites, and some we will discover together. It’s music and people and and food and games and drinks and astro turf and a DJ set up in a shopping cart. Bands to look out for: Cat Scan, Hearty Har, two guys playing a theremin and sitar, Moths, Qui, Band Aparte, Traps, and Palm Springsteen are just a few. In the words of the great Paul Weller, the weekend starts here.
Echo Park Rising is Free + All Ages.
VIP tickets available for purchase here.
2) Levitt Pavilion’s Thursday concert is curated by the capable minds of Dublab, the radio station that has made Los Angeles sound a whole better for the past 15 years. Papago Warrior, Rumbandela, Sonido LA Cumbia, and Xandão are DJs and live performers that take traditional cumbia and blend it with indigenous dance, loops and Noreteño.
RSVP to Papago Warrior at Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles here.
3) Finally a Psychic Ills show! Their lazy hazy groovy dream transcends hippiedom. Influences range from Exile on Main Street-era Rolling Stones, to basic blues, to BRMC to 6am sunrises in the desert. Hear their 2016 release here.
Tickets to Psychic Ills + Numb.er + Vinyl Williams at The Echo here.
4) Who knew that an energy drink would be the 21st century music tastemaker? Red Bull Sound Select and Spaceland present on Thursday three current charmers: LPX (featuring vocal powerhouse Lizzy Plapinger of MS MR), Monogem, and Tulpa & Blankts – whose Kiss Fight we can’t get enough of.
Tickets to LPX (of MS MR) + Monogem + Tulpa & Blankts at The Echo here.
5) We are happy to host Tigerheat next week at the Echoplex. Now 16 years old, Tigerheat is the largest weekly gay dance night on the west coast. The playlist is big on pop, top 40 and other guilty pleasures.
Tickets to Club Tigerheat at Echoplex here
6) Trade in that brass monkey over ice for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc poured by Mike D !